We have had two “Live open mic” evenings at the hall and what a success they have been!
Inspired by James and Jotham Crisp from Jackson’s Farm and ably assisted and coordinated by Reg Dixon, we have held our first two Live open mic evenings. And what fun they have been! A very broad range of music was played and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
The Hall provided excellent Hot Dogs (delicious sausages from Dave Dunnett) and the bar was open, so both evenings have gone really well. The next one will be on Friday 7th October, so do come and join us. Why not join in? Bring your guitar, or ukulele, or bring a poem to read – anything! Just enjoy the fun of the evening. See you there!
Annual membership for the Dennington Tennis Club increases
The Sports Club recently held a meeting at which it was agreed that the rates for membership of the Tennis Club should increase very slightly with immediate effect. The cost for membership of the Tennis Club is really very small, given the value it offers – access to a beautifully built new tennis court. All members receive a key and access to the court at any time, provided they have booked it beforehand via this website on the ‘Tennis Club’ page.
Joining Fees: Family £35, Individual Fee £15, Court Key £4
Non-members; 2 hours at £5 and £10 deposit for key.
If you wish to join the tennis club, please complete the Tennis Membership Form and forward it to Avril Palmer by . Membership forms and keys can also be obtained from Avril Palmer, Sparrows Nest, Saxtead Road, Dennington Tel: 01728 638686 or Doris Dearing, Barn Owls Rest, The Street, Dennington Tel: 01728 638322.
Village Hall Refurbishment Plans
For the last five years, the Village Hall Committee has been investigating options and working towards a major refurbishment of the Hall. We are delighted to say that this is now underway. A page dedicated to this process will be added shortly. Suffice to say that at this time, a figure of £155,000.00 is required to undertake the work designated.
The following adjustments have been made to date;
- The road entrance has been repaired and a drainage system put in place.
- The base slab for a porch has been installed at the Hall entrance along with a French drain running along the side of the hall to catch all excess water.
- A Karndean Floor has been put in place in the entrance hall which makes a huge difference visually.
- We have established a temporary heating system for the toilets.
- We have installed a 49” TV and soundbar in the meeting room which will allow for sports nights, presentation evenings, karaoke evenings and film nights.
- The Dennington Concert on 31st October was a great success raising £1,100.00 for the Hall.
- We have held our first Friday night bar night. These will now become regular Friday events. Please come and join us. They start at 7.30 and once a month there will be a family evening with a fish and chip van present.
Dennington – the home of Geoffrey Chaucer
Dennington is a charming village nestled in the countryside in rural Suffolk, not far from the town of Framlingham. Mentioned in the doomsday book and also the home of Geoffrey Chaucer and his family, Dennington has a long and fascinating history. The church is beautiful and remains the home of several fascinating historical artefacts, drawing visitors from around the world.
Dennington Jubilee Hall was constructed in 1985 and still remains unique in its genre. It is the only village hall with a full sized sports hall in the district.
Alongside it is the Sports Field, Tennis court and Bowls Club, all managed by the Sports Committee. Situated on the Framlingham Road just outside Dennington, both facilities offer an abundance of opportunity.
For further information and booking forms, please click on the respective pages listed above.